Today’s ‘Monday Motivation’ is coming in at the 11th hour, but better late than never. In honor of Star Wars Day (as in, “May the 4th be with you”), here are some great quotes from the movie series to kick off your week.
“The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.” ~ Qui-Gon Jinn, ‘The Phantom Menace’
“Fear is the path to the dark side…fear leads to anger…anger leads to hate…hate leads to suffering.” ~ Yoda, ‘The Phantom Menace’
“You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~ Obi-Wan Kenobi, ‘Return of the Jedi’
“Impossible to see, the future is.” ~ Yoda, ‘Attack of the Clones’
“Never tell me the odds.” ~ Han Solo, ‘The Empire Strikes Back’
“Do. Or do not. There is no try.” ~ Yoda, ‘The Empire Strikes Back’
What do these quotes mean to me?
- You prove yourself intelligent by your actions and the content of what you say, not the fact that you’re talking. [Put another way: “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt.” This is often credited to Abraham Lincoln but I’m not sure if he really said that.]
- Don’t spend your life being afraid of what’s out there because that’s not a life. We all have fears but conquering them makes you stronger. (Unless your fears are spiders or snakes and then you should run to the opposite corner of your house.)
- Everyone sees life from their own unique viewpoint. Just because another’s view doesn’t match your own doesn’t make them wrong unless they are blatantly ignoring facts.
- The future is a mystery – live in the present!
- The odds aren’t a prediction and can be beaten. How bad do you want it?
- One of my all-time favorite quotes! Put all your effort into what you do – don’t give yourself an out or an option to fail.
Happy Monday (and Tuesday), readers!