Hi there! I’m so honored to have recently been nominated for the Liebster Award by Rachel at Book Reviews & Stuff! I’m extremely flattered and appreciate the nomination – thanks, Rachel!
The point of the Liebster Award is to create a chain for bloggers to nominate other bloggers that requires your nominees to answer questions so we can learn a little more about each other in this blogging community. The rules are:
1. Thank and link the blogger who nominated you
2. Answer their 11 questions
3. Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers and link them
4. Have your nominees answer your 11 questions
5. Notify nominees through social media
Here are the 11 questions from Book Reviews & Stuff along with my answers:
Tea or Coffee?
I enjoy both but coffee is my poison.
What is your most re-read book that you own?
Probably “Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead” by Tom Stoppard. It’s brilliant. Second would be “Catch-22” by Joseph Heller.
If you could date any fictional character, who would it be?
I love Sherlock but…I couldn’t date him (or probably handle being around him, really). I think John Watson, as played by Martin Freeman, would be high on my list–but then Sherlock would just mess it all up as he always does. Sigh.
What is your favourite TV show?
“Sherlock” (BBC version). I am crying on the inside because filming for season/series four won’t begin until spring 2016. But at least it’s filming at all. The amount of time between each series kills me.
Do you use your local library?
I do! But mostly for e-books. I recently went to the library in person to get a real book and had no idea how to find anything. This made me sad but it’s not too surprising, really.
Why did you start your blog?
I read a lot and enjoy talking about what I’ve read. I also enjoy writing my own haikus and whatnot so I thought this would be a good mix of discussing books I’ve read and writing original pieces.
Do you have any pets?
I have two small dogs, a dachshund-beagle and a chihuahua-terrier. They’re ridiculous but I love them!
What was your favourite book as a kid?
Anything Dr. Seuss wrote was high on the list but I’ll say “The Lorax” or “How the Grinch Stole Christmas”.
If you could go anywhere, real or fictional, where would you go?
There are many places I’d love to travel to in the real world–Australia, France, Holland, Japan, New York again–but if I could go somewhere fictional, I’d go to the Shire. It just looks so peaceful and idyllic (if you ignore what’s going on around it).
What’s your favourite meal?
I’d love to say something fancy that would make me sound worldly but in reality–pizza or yellow curry with chicken. That’s kind of worldly, I guess?
How many book do you own? How many are read/unread?
Well, I have probably about 50 or so physical books and another 50ish ebooks (probably?). Of the physical copies, I’d say that I haven’t read about 30. For ebooks I think I haven’t read maybe 10. I have a lot of books to read… 🙂
I nominate the following blogs for the Liebster Award:
- Chapter Chaser
- The Book Boulevard
- That Worn Book Smell
- Book Guy Reviews
- Books For Thought
- Books Precooked
- Beta Librarian
- The Armchair Library
- Fable Patch Tree
- Shelf Defense
My 11 questions are:
- What are three things you want to do/accomplish in life?
- Do you have a favorite musical genre and/or musician/band?
- What was your first concert?
- Who is your favorite author? [If you don’t have one, what’s your favorite book genre?]
- What’s the best book you’ve ever read?
- When do you read most?
- What’s your preference: “real” physical books, e-books, audiobooks, or a mix of all of them?
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
- What fictional character would you like to be friends with most? Why?
- Do you have hobbies besides reading?
- What’s your favorite food or drink to have while reading?
Thanks so much for reading and again, thanks to Rachel at Book Reviews & Stuff for the nomination! New book review for Barefoot Dogs planned for next week.