Day 6: Five ways to win your heart.
Sorry folks–my heart has already been won. [I’ll wait for you to dry your tears…take your time.] Here are some of the things my husband did to win it.
1. Sense of humor: Being humorous is the most important quality I look for in potential love interests (or whatever we want to call that…I’m married, I don’t know). Looks can fade but the ability to make me laugh can last forever.
2. Kindness: The ability to not be a total jerk and care about others is high on my list of priorities in a significant other. My husband is kinder than I am to the general public and it’s a constant reminder to me. It’s easy for me to see things that annoy me about the world at large but my husband sees the good.
3. Intelligence: I don’t think I could date someone who’s completely dumb but I’ve dated guys who aren’t as intelligent or make bad choices. My husband is a smart dude and continues to expand his knowledge in lots of areas. I used to think reading books was hugely important to me but he rarely reads books (I know, I know…) and is still quite knowledgeable on current events and a variety of unique subjects.
4. Do things with me: Not everything–it’s healthy to have time to yourself to pursue things that interest you, obviously. But an interest in the things I care about is a quick way to make me swoon.
5. Letting me get dogs: How could you not have my heart if you let me get ridiculous dogs? Like these two mutts:
What about you, readers? How would someone win (or have they won) your heart?