Hey there, readers! The year is almost halfway over (how is that even possible?) and I wanted to pick your brain about any books you’d recommend. I’m participating in a couple reading challenges this year and I need to pick up the pace a bit on books for the Book Riot “Read Harder” challenge. Since so many of you are also book fans, I wondered if you have any recommendations in the following categories?
- A book written by someone when they were under the age of 25: I think I’m going to read ‘I Am Malala’ but if you have other recommendations, I’d love to hear!
- A book that takes place in Asia
- A book by an author from Africa
- A book that is by or about someone from an indigenous culture (Native Americans, Aboriginals, etc.)
- A romance novel: I have no experience with romance novels so I’d love recommendations for books that aren’t over the top
- A National Book Award, Man Booker Prize or Pulitzer Prize winner from the last decade
- An audiobook: preferably something that’s more interesting or amusing as an audiobook because of the reader?
- A collection of poetry
- A book that was originally published in another language
I’m definitely doing my own research but I love getting recommendations from others, too. If you know of a great book that fits into any of those categories please leave a comment below. Thank you in advance!