Day 12: Write about five blessings in your life.
I live a blessed life. I’m certainly not the wealthiest (or wealthy, really), the smartest, or the nicest…but I have a lot going for me.
1. Full use of my limbs. I count this as a huge blessing, not because you can’t have a completely full life without this but because it’s just so much easier. Life is often hard enough without adding extra complications. I’m so happy that I can run, climb, or lift weights. When I broke my foot a few years ago I realized what a true blessing this is.
2. Freedom. My life is largely one of freedom. I’m free to dress as I want without being penalized. I’m free pursue things that interest me (like writing this blog or working at a job I actually enjoy). I can go where I please (for the most part, though places I can’t go are often places I wouldn’t want to visit anyway).
3. Living in California. I miss my family (and my husband’s) but we are so blessed to be able to live in southern California! It gets hotter than I’d prefer in the Valley but we don’t have to deal with winter so…trade offs. I guess what I’m saying is that I consider it a blessing to not have to deal with all the stuff that comes with winter.
4. My husband and I have good jobs. I mentioned this briefly in my 2nd point above, but my husband and I both have jobs that we’re good at and enjoy! I think that’s possibly becoming more common but I know a lot of people who just get through every day at their jobs. I’ve been there before and it’s not fun–having a job you enjoy at a company which values you is amazing!
5. Being surrounded by intelligent, caring people. I have an amazing family and a lot of intelligent friends. Being able to bounce ideas off all of these people, or just share stories and know that they’ll care is an incredible feeling!
How are you blessed?