Day 17: Post about your zodiac sign and whether or not it fits you.
First of all, I don’t believe in the zodiac. Sure, it’s amusing to read horoscopes occasionally but I could read anybody’s horoscope and find something that resonates with me. But anyway, here’s what I found on one website when looking up what Taurians are all about:
“Stubborn by nature, the Taurus will stand his/her ground to the bitter end (sometimes even irrationally so). But that’s okay because the Taurus is also a loving, sympathetic and appreciative sign. The Taurus is very understanding and when we need someone to unburden ourselves to, we often share our deepest fears with the Taurians of the zodiac. Taurians are very patient, practical and efficient, they are excellent in matters of business and are also wonderful instructors/teachers. Although initially they may have their own best interest at heart, they are ultimately & endlessly generous with their time, possessions and love.”
Ok, so let’s recap:
- Stubborn by nature, the Taurus will stand his/her ground to the bitter end: yes, but it depends on how much I really believe in whatever it is or how much I think it will annoy the other person to disagree with them. (You know the people I’m talking about….)
- The Taurus is also a loving, sympathetic and appreciative sign: I mean, I’d like to think so but you’d probably have to ask family/friends?
- The Taurus is very understanding…we often share our deepest fears with the Taurians: I think I’m pretty easy to talk to about deeper things but I also share a lot, too.
- Taurians are very patient, practical and efficient: Patient, no. Practical, mostly. Efficient…mid-range?
- They are excellent in matters of business and are also wonderful instructors/teachers: What “matters of business” are we talking about? That’s so broad! I’m a thorough teacher but I would never say I’m “wonderful”. I tend to ramble and go into more detail than people usually need or want. And if we’re talking about teaching kids, forget it!
- Although initially they may have their own best interest at heart, they are ultimately & endlessly generous with their time, possessions and love: first of all, how dare you! But this is another one that’s better to ask others. I would like to think I’m generous in those ways but “endlessly” might be pushing it a bit.
So do I think my sign fits me? In some ways. But reading some of the other signs, specifically Cancer, I think those could fit me just as well. Actually, both of my parents are Cancers if I’m looking at these dates correctly – maybe that’s why it resonates.
What about you? Do you think your sign represents you well or just a bunch of nonsense?