Day 18: Post 30 facts about yourself.
Hmmm…finding 30 facts about myself that I’m ok sharing with the entirety of the internet is a unique kind of challenge. I’m happy that I grew up in a time where all my mistakes aren’t online for everyone to see. (end old lady rant)
Here are the facts I’ve deemed acceptable and [hopefully] interesting enough to share!
- I’m an only child but I do have two half-siblings.
- I grew up in Flint, MI.
- I was in the Gifted & Talented Program in elementary school. [They cancelled the program before I started junior high.]
- In 6th grade, I was accidentally stabbed with a quill pen in art class and I still have a blue dot on my hand. Sometimes I tell people it’s my gang tattoo.
- In 7th grade, I was trampled at an assembly that ran long and didn’t get injured!
- I attended (and graduated from) the University of Michigan–Flint.
- I’ve lived in southern California for the past 13 (almost) years.
- I played the flute for about 12 years and thought I wanted to be a professional musician until about the middle of my college years.
- I listened to nothing but the Beatles (aside from whatever was playing when I was in the car/with friends//out and about) for about two years in high school.
- I’ve always enjoyed reading and writing.
- As a kid, I liked Oscar more than Big Bird (I probably still would).
- I was around 8 or 10 when we my parents bought their first personal computer for home use.
- I was in college the first time I used the internet!
- When my parents got internet access at home, dial-up was the standard. [I still recognize the dial-up sound.]
- I’ve moved an average of once per year since coming to southern California (generally for job changes or ridiculous rent hikes).
- I enjoy exercising, particularly things that don’t allow me much time to think (like spinning).
- I’ve been married for eight years!
- My current job was a career change for me and it turned out to be something I’m both great at and enjoy!
- In 2014 I read 57 books.
- I’ve read 22 books (out of my goal of 52) this year.
- My husband and I have two dogs.
- My first time off the North American continent was in 2014 when we visited London, England.
- I’m not good at video games but some of them have interesting enough stories that I will watch my husband play them.
- I love coffee!
- I have seen a few celebrities while out and about in LA including: Andre Benjamin (2003ish in Westwood), Erika Christensen (2003ish at Universal Citywalk), Brian Posehn (2013 in Best Buy), Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky (2013 in a different Best Buy), and Rita Ora (2014 at LAX).
- I was photographed by the paparazzi at LAX while they were trying to get photos of Rita Ora. (She was apparently on our flight back from England? I was very confused about all the flash photography. I thought the paparazzi were getting photos of Rihanna–I had no idea who Rita Ora was.)
- Since moving to California I’ve had people tell me I look like (or ask if I am) Julia Stiles, Jennifer Lawrence, and Rosamund Pike. [Thank you, I’m not…but I’ll trade paychecks with them!]
- I’ve been to a good number of the states in the US but not to any in New England. I’d love to visit there!
- I enjoy learning new things and am working my way through an online CSS course right now.
- I can identify pre-1933 buildings in the Los Angeles area by sight after taking a disaster preparedness course for my previous job. [The course mostly freaked me out.]
Now that you know more about me than you probably wanted to, what’s an interesting fact or two about you?