I’d like to send a huge thanks to Richard from “The Humpo Show” for nominating me for a Liebster Award! It’s actually the second Liebster I’ve been nominated for but I really appreciate the support and enjoy answering these questions. It’s fun finding out about new blogs through these types of posts. And I want to apologize on being months late to post this. Better late than never, I hope.
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
- Nominate 11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award.
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Here are the questions that Richard has given me to answer.
1. Favourite Book?
Catch-22 by Joseph Heller or Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead by Tom Stoppard. I can’t really choose.
2. What made you start blogging?
I read a lot and wanted to start writing again so I figured I’d start a blog to review what I’ve been reading. Blogging also gives me a bit of a community – you know, so I don’t go completely crazy while working from home.
3. Name the one place in the world (money no object) you want to visit.
There are quite a few but I’ll say the French countryside.
4. What famous-for-being-famous “celebrity” do you hate the most?
Any of the Kardashians. They’re all wastes of oxygen.
5. If you could have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
If I could have one meal with no health repercussions, I’d say pizza. But otherwise … actually, no. I can’t answer this question with a healthy meal I could eat every day for the rest of my life. Pizza or bust!
6. Why do you follow my blog? 🙂
You’re a fellow book lover and I enjoy reading your posts.
7. Popular or acclaimed film that you did not like?
I’m going to say E.T. He creeps me out. I don’t know, it’s possible that I liked it as a kid but I only remember finding him weird and sketchy. The music, however, is on point.
8. Advice or tips you wish you would have had when starting blogging?
Blogging is quite a time-suck, especially if your blog is primarily involved with doing something (like reading a book) and then telling others about the thing you did. Considering that I have a full-time job, a husband, two dogs, and other interests, it probably would have been smart to set aside x-amount of time for blogging during the week or have some other organized way of doing it. Then again, I learn best by doing so maybe my way is just diving right in.
9. What person in history would like to meet, and why?
If you had asked me this 10 years ago or so, I would have said John Lennon. But after watching The Imitation Game, I find Alan Turing fascinating. The man basically invented the computer and used his Enigma machine to break Nazi codes and help win WWII. And yet, he was sentenced to chemical castration for homosexual acts despite all that.
11. What underrated book or film do you like, and you would want others to check out?
I’m going to say Broken Monsters by Lauren Beukes. I’m not sure if it’s really underrated but I think it’s probably lesser known and it’s really well written.
Here are the blog I’m nominating for a Liebster award (in no particular order) – you should check them out!
- Of Literature and Tea
- A Vase Full of Daisies
- Books vs Movies
- My Midnight Musing
- Felicia Sue Lynn Reviews
- Books For Days on End
- Just Remember to Smile
- Reading Sara
- The Book Crunch
- Books and Messy Buns
- Katie Jay’s Book Blog
My questions for nominees to complete:
- How did you come up with the name of your blog?
- What’s something you are very proud of?
- What’s the favorite post you’ve written on your blog (include the link) and why?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- Which fictional character (from a book, movie, tv show, game, etc.) do you most identify with and why?
- What’s a must-visit place in the area where you live and why?
- What’s the last thing that made you laugh out loud?
- Do you have a set blogging schedule or just post when you feel like it?
- Four words that describe you:
- Where do you draw inspiration from?
- Do you work / write / study better with background music or in complete silence?
Thanks again to Richard for the nomination!