I recently received notifications from both Madhurima from Nostalgic Lemon and Rachel from Book Reviews & Stuff that they had both nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award! They both have really great blogs – go check them out, I can wait.
Oh good, you came back. *whew*
Thanks again to both Madhurima and Rachel for the nominations! That said, I’m only going to do this once since I got the nominations around the same time.
The rules of this award are:
- Thank your nominator
- Share the award on your blog
- State 7 things about yourself
- Choose 10 new nominees who have fewer than 300 followers
- Notify them via social media
So, here are 7 things about me:
- I was in a creative slump earlier in the year which caused me to not write for a while. I’m now getting out of that but I’m also not pushing myself to write if I don’t want to.
- Despite hating gym class as a kid, I now love working out. I go to group exercise classes at least 4-5 days most weeks. And I can tell a difference in my mood if I don’t go for more than a couple days.
- Old men love to flirt with me (this is not a brag, by the way). I have been told that I have “eyes of champion” by a Russian table-tennis instructor and asked if I was ticklish – ewww – by an older guy behind me in line at a pet food store. All this despite what I would describe as my natural RBF.
- I still get carded at age 37 and it is one of the best things in the world!
- My hometown is Flint, Michigan – known currently for the high lead-levels in the water. When I was younger, the city was known for its high crime rate and General Motors closing automobile factories. But there’s a beautiful side to the city – lots of cultural and artistic institutes and some amazing colleges.
- My celebrity crushes are Benedict Cumberbatch and Chris Pratt. My husband reminds me of Chris Pratt but I met him before I ever saw Chris Pratt in anything so this wasn’t an elaborate “get Chris Pratt’s lookalike to marry you” plot on my part. Or was it.
- On a return flight from London, I turned a corner to exit LAX and was blinded by paparazzi flashbulbs. Rita Ora had apparently been on my plane and was leaving right in front of me. I got caught in the crossfire and wound up in some of the photos. (My husband made a cameo, too.) You can see I am less than impressed and have no idea what was going on.
But enough about me! Here are my nominees:
- April at Swimming Through Literature
- Steve at The Red Pen
- Kathryn at KathrynFirth.wordpress.com
- Katie at KatieColemanBlog.wordpress.com
- The Girl Who Reads
- Emma at Wedges of Lemon
- Rachel at Journal of a Bibliophile
- Caitlyn at Rhodes of Reading
- Offauna at Read Eat Quote
- Olivia at Pints and Pages
Please check out all of their wonderful blogs, and thanks so much for reading mine!